Sunday, July 6, 2008

Independence Day 2008

I have to say that next to only Christmas, this is my favorite day of the year! I get so choked up when I see the color guard walking with the flag and seeing people respectfully stand and place their hand over their heart! I love to hear the patriotic music, parades with brave men and women who have served their country willingly and well and those who recognize these brave men and women with applause and cheers! Yes, I am very patriotic. I guess it is something that has been instilled in me since I was very young. My parents are both patriots and have taught me the meaning of patriotism. I am very proud of my heritage and love to hear about my ancestors who sacrificed everything, including some of their own lives in the cause of freedom. I am proud to live in this great country that guarantees me and my family the right to worship, to speak, to be how and what we want. Our own limitations are what keeps us from being any we want. So I love to go to the Parade and to the Patriotic Service to enjoy the spirit of this great country every 4th. What a great Day.

Randy got up early and headed down to save us a place for the parade. Cathy brought Max down and brought some canopies to give us shade. Here's Foo and Chandler, Matt and Lizzy.
Max on his monkey leash!

Grace making funny faces.

Patrick broke a board! Way to go Patrick!

Jake with a little bed head!

Ramzy and Abby

Lizzie and Matt

I have to brag about my cute neice Eliza! She will only be in 9th grade this year and she made the best marching band in the state! Way to go Eliza! I hope we didn't embarass you too much at the parade!
Andy. I can't believe how good he was! He just sat in this chair through the parade and watched! He so cute!

After the parade we went to Grandma's for a BBQ/picnic. It's so nice to have a place so secluded with lots of trees. We sat around and visited and napped and just relaxed! I love to hang out with family. Here's Todd, Sparky and Matt eating burgers and dogs!



Hi Ramzy!




Grandma Jeannie and little Lucas. He's such a good baby as long mommy's not around!
Lizzie is the same way! She's not too big on anyone else if her Daddy's around!

Jake and Iver
Iver, Jeannie and Foo

Todd babysitting Lucas

Randy's band played later that evening! What a great time! We just sat out and enjoyed the times! Afterward they set up Guitar Hero on that giant screen and Gabe and Jake had a blast! I think we had more fun watching Jake go to town! He totally was bouncing around and got into it!

Rockin Randall MonteCarlo!
The Fast Lane, Jared and Randall


I hope everyone had as great a time as we did! Happy 4th!


7 comments:

Mandy said...

I love you guys. All of you. Those pictures are great. I remember once upon a time the WHOLE family got together for the
4th (when we weren't so ginormous!)
I miss those great old days.

Looks like a lot of fun!

Mucho take it easy... said...

I love your pics Shaunna! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Cherine said...

Good pictures! We were at the parade too. We should of hooked up! I too LOVE your pictures!!! Eliza what a doll! Of course you get bragging rights she A. is your niece, and B. so darn cute!!!

Amber said...

Looks like lots of fun! And that is so awesome about Eliza!

Debbie said...

I also love the 4th of July. There is no place like Utah for big celebrations too. We always feel a bit homesick on this holiday, but we did have a fun day too. Can't wait to get to Utah for our vacation. Love the pics of everyone. Cute kids!

Cathy said...

I love your picture! I need to get copies of a lot of them.

Cherine said...

Hey email me your email so I can give you the invite to my blog!
crmontie@hotmail.com