We've tried to maintain an old tradition and add a new one too. My mom started taking my to see The Messiah performed when I was 10 years old. We've been a little hit and miss over the past few years, but it is something I really enjoy that helps me feel the true spirit of Christmas! This year we made it to the American Fork Tabernacle to enjoy and to sing. I love that they let us bring our music score and sing the chorus parts as they find brilliant singers to do the solos. There truly is something about singing the words and music to some of the most well known choruses in the world! Handel was truly inspired! We had a lovely night.
Last year Nonna decided to get tickets for all the girls to go to the Nutcracker. The regional ballet company did a fabulous job! They do it at the Covey center which a really nice facility! Afterward this year they had "Clara's tea party where we could go and have a treat and see the dancers up close and have a picture if we wanted. So here are all of us, enjoying our newest tradition together!
Claire and Grace with Clara and the Sugar Plum Fairy
Grace's favorite was the Spanish Dancer!
3 comments:
I LOVE both of these traditions, although there isn't a Messiah sing-in here. Oh well. Isn't the Nutcracker fun! The pics are so cute. You guys really know how to celebrate.
I would love to start this Nutcracker tradition with my girls next year.
The Worden women all look so pretty and happy to be together :)
I love the Nutcracker. I haven't seen it since I was a little girl. Wow a fun tradition. It was fun seeing you guys over the Holiday.
Post a Comment