Sunday, March 1, 2009

Longing for Spring

So in an effort to hurry along the colors of spring flowers this week, for mother-daughter this week we are trying our hand at forcing bulbs! It looks like it may work simply because the bulbs were already shooting out. We put them in containers with a little soil and moisture. I put mine in the kitchen window in hopes that it will give them enough light to bloom! So here's what they look like:






So I will keep you posted on what these look like from time to time. It was such a beautiful day yesterday, but I don't think we're out of the woods yet from the storms. Utah springs are always unpredictable. One day it's 55 or 60 degrees and the next day there could be snow on the ground! Gotta love Utah weather!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I just love spring bulbs. How are they coming? I have a few daffodils blooming, but I'm afraid they're not getting enough water, but who wants to turn on the sprinklers so soon.

Adrienne said...

This is a good idea and much less frustrating than running outside everytime the day warms up a little bit to see if my tulips are starting to come up! Wishful thinking - I know!
I think I will get some bulbs today and copy you!