Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring?? Break

So we had planned to go to Oregon with Todd's sister, Tiffany and her family to her in-laws cabin and property over Spring Break. Well the weather, of course, wasn't cooperative at all! It's hard to complain, though, since we've been praying for work. So we decided to go up to Todd's parents house at Sundance and just relax and watch movies and play games and be with our kids for a few days. It snowed like crazy while we were up there and Todd worked almost the entire time. At least we were close by and he was in and out the whole time.
Gabe with Noah and Gabby. They had a blast making slides and sliding down onto the deck.

Jake even went out for a while and played. I think they had fun. After the storms had passed, we decided to come back down to the valley to find "Spring". We woke up on Thursday morning to sunshine. When I got up, the boys had been downstairs packing their lunch for a picnic they had planned at our near-by park! I was impressed with the planning on their part. Although it was a bit chilly and a bit pre-mature for shorts and flip flops, I couldn't have convinced them otherwise to wear a little warmer clothes! I can't blame them! I would love to feel warm enough to be sporting my capris and flip flops myself. While we were enjoying lunch, my phone rang. Tiffany called to see if we would be interested in going to Hogle Zoo. I haven't been for a few years and thought, "Why not?" So we went home and got into a little warmer attire and headed up to Salt Lake to the Zoo. It was strange because I didn't need a stroller and the boys were able to pack around their own stuff! Is that a milestone? I think it is! It's just amazing to think they are both old enough to move around on their own and I don't have to push a stroller and bring all the "just-in-case stuff" with me all the time. Beautiful. So we spent about 4 hours walking around and saw most everything. I do like the fact that it is a small enough zoo where its not hours and hours. We can go and see everything and (not in the blistering heat this time)not lose interest.
Me and my boys!
So cute! Wished they'd get along like this all the time! Totally false advertising!
Tiff with her kids and mine: Zach with Gabby, Brigham, Jake and Gabe, Tiff and Noah
Monkeys! Brigham, Gabe and Jake

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

That picture of your boys together is so cute! It may be false advertising, but I'm buying it!

Debbie said...

I'm buying the false advertising too. I think that's just kids. They almost all seem to bicker.

Hogle Zoo is such a cute zoo - doable and easy to see in a day. Glad you had fun!

What a contrast from the snow to sunshine!

Cathy said...

Oh I wish we had been there. I've loved the good weather in VA but do miss being with family. The kids are so big! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Shaun: I heard about your "Spring Break"!--SNOW! My mom said it has snowed a bit this winter. I love the way it looks in the mountains--you can't beat the Utah mountains! I've kept up to date on you via Raphael--kind of pathetic. Let's actually talk soon!