We had a great year this year and our numbers even doubled! We had 6 last year and had 12 this year! Just wait til next year (18 new beehives between now and then, if the ward doesn't split by then!) The bad news is that my presidency was released two weeks ago. It's been a lot more difficult that I would have imagined! But with every calling comes a release and I have felt the mantle leave. I think I have just been pretty possessive of these girls and this program. We were the first YW presidency in this ward and so it's hard to pass on the responsibility. But I do know that I am leaving them in very capable hands. These two years have flown and this has been an awesome experience working with the best presidency ever and the sweetest YW ever! As promised, I thought I'd post some pix from camp.
Our theme this year was R.S.V.P. (Return to the Savior Valiant and Pure) and they did it as a party theme where each ward could choose a party theme. We chose "Red Carpet". We decided to "glam" up and get feather boa's (mine even lit up!) and even had a red carpet and walk of fame plaques.

Debbie had the great idea last year to do YW on "line" where we had a line with hooks where the girls could give notes to each other. This year we decorated bags to hang so that they could deliver their secret sister gifts to and leave notes in. The girls just loved it!
Debbie and I went on the 1st year hike. It was awesome and the weather was perfect. I had so much fun just hiking thru some pretty terrain and enjoying nature. We saw a few deer and I took pictures of the wild flowers.
Here's Angie and Merisa with the 2nd years, Cute Kate Harmer, Kenya Berntsen and Arika Olson.
We had great priesthood leaders this year that the girls had fun with and it was great having them there. I think they really liked it, too. The stake R.S. presidency came by and gave every camp in the stake a little message that was so great. Our own R.S. Presidency came up and fed us dinner! They were so sweet and even made the girls a cute little bag with a S'more kit complete with marshmallow and fudge stripe cookies in it! Yum!
Merisa brought up a pop corn machine and we had fun and popped us some corn and enjoyed! Here's me Kate, Merisa and Michelle.
Debbie did Unga Bunga again this year, but this time it was all the newbies that didn't come with us last year that were her victims! It's always a good laugh! (Kaylee Olson, Mary Wilford, Chevaus Denner, Cydnee Beckstead, Hailey Fisher, Cami Wakefield and Arika Olson)
Hailey not having a clue!
Mary, Chevaus and Cydnee following Debbie's every move! I hope some of these little traditions we started might carry on...
When the bishop came up on the last night he played a game and told us whoever won could shave his head (well, cut his hair real short) So Kate won! She carved a big "U" on the side of his head! He's such a BYU fan that we knew that would be hard to wear around!
So another girls camp has come and gone and we had such a great time together! What a great ward we live in and I am so very grateful for this calling these past two years! I just feel so fortunate to have gotten to know these girls and also for my counsellors who are my best friends in this ward! Now we have to find reasons to hang out...actually I think we will carry on with ladies night at Chili's for chips and salsa! Something I look forward to!

1 comment:
I love this theme idea for camp! I need directions for how to play unga bunga - looks like a funny prank.
I bet you were a great YW pres and the girls will treasure their time with you.
Love ya!
Post a Comment