Saturday, May 28, 2011
Iwo Jima; Very Impressive!
Based on the photo by Joe Rosenthal, this massive statue sits outside the walls of Arlington as a Memorial for all Marines, in all the wars, who have lost their lives since 1775. The whole thing is very impressive. Michelle and I walked from Arlington out around about a half mile to the memorial. I loved walking around it and didn't realize how massive the statue is. Granted, this isn't one of the more popular DC sites, but like I said before, this trip wasn't about what is popular, but about patriotism for me. I believe this comes from the fact that I had two grandpas that fought in WWII. One who didn't make it home and many other ancestors that fought for the cause of freedom all through American History. So freedom is something close to my heart and something I hope can stay alive through these troubled time. Anyway, This memorial is definately something to see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment