Saturday, September 17, 2011

"The Number One Condiment"

This is my favorite reason to have a garden!  Mom and Sarah and I put our tomatoes together this week and canned 23 quarts of salsa!  Todd told me the other day that he loves that I do this.  That made me happy and I love doing it with my mom and sister.  I just love that we do it, too!  Next is Grape juice from grapes off our vines and apples from Sarah's trees!  When you don't have to pay for the fruit, it makes canning totally worth it!  Earlier we made a ton of apricot jam from the apricots exploding off of Sarah's trees.  I feel like it would be irresponsible of us to let this bounty go to waste.  I get a kick out of seeing the literal fruits of our labor when I see our pantry expand with jars of food for my family. And the best part is doing it together!  We have too much fun talking politics and sharing our problems, hopes and dreams of our families.  I really do feel gratitude in so many ways as I think about sharing these projects with Sarah and mom and the opportunity to spend time with them every week!

Beauty, eh?  I just love SALSA!!! Get out the Chips!!!


1 comment:

Debbie said...

You lucky! I miss gardening in the Utah climate. Homemade salsa and homegrown tomatoes are the best. How neat that you are able to can with family too.