So I have a ten-year old!!! I can hardly believe it! Despite his difficult beginnings, he's a totally goofy, normal, ten-year-old boy. He plays soccer and has a yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do. He is fun and always is game to try something new! I love this kid and he's very sweet and loving and has a very sharp sense of humor.
We had a family birthday party for him on the Sunday before his birthday. It was fun and enjoyed talking about the things we love about Gabe. It was cute because Sam and Sarah both remembered things about the events surrounding his coming to our family. Sam reminded us about the blessing he gave to Todd and I after a family fast. He felt inspired that Gabe would be coming to our family and that he would be a boy. Sarah remembered the morning when he was born and the emotional roller coaster we were all on as they watched him be brought into the nursery, and then as they watched the helicopter take off with him.
Then Nonna gave all of us a Halloween treat from stuff she bought after Halloween last year for cheap! She loves to do that and it becomes quite a surprise to her as she forgets what she has bought. So the boys all opened their surprised and most of them got pajama bottoms and underwear....?
So Gabe had the great idea to put his jammy bottoms on with his halloween unders over the top! He was being so funny, but soon had set the trend and all of the little boys were modeling their fashions!
On his birthday, we gave him 10 gifts throughout the day. He got things like Soccer cones, a bathrobe, two new DS games, fun new gloves, more cozy jammy bottoms and various other items. Todd checked both of the boys out of school for lunch and we met Nonna to eat. So we took him shopping after and let him pick out a couple of games and just had fun together.
I told Gabe that since his birthday fell on Family Night that we would got to Cornbellies at Thanksgiving point. It was like a county fair with a corn maze, and some other fun attractions that the kids loved! He invited 6 other friends and I tried to keep up with them. I did lose them at one point, but stayed in one place that climbed up and looked out over the maze until I could find them.
I think Gabe had a wonderful birthday. Plus we are leaving for Disneyland this week so it will feel like more of a celebration! I'll post on that when we get back!








No comments:
Post a Comment