Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 13 Friends

I know this is something that most people mention when they count the things they are thankful for, but I truly feel blessed to have been surrounded by wonderful, caring friends.  I only hope I can be the kind of friend that so many others have been to me.  It's amazing to me how the Lord answers our prayers through others and I have found this is real for me in my times of greatest need.  A long time ago I heard someone compare friends to trees; The fruit tree is someone who is fun and always upbeat.  The shade tree is someone who listens and gives good advice.  And then there's the evergreen.  The one that's true and that remains during all seasons.

As I look back through my life and my friends, I recognize the role that each friend has played in my life and I am grateful to each one.

No comments: