Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7 Luck 11/7

I guess I can fit this into things I'm thankful for:  Today is November 7 which marks two very special days in my life.  11/7/87 I opened an envelope that changed my life forever--my mission call.  Not a day goes by even now where my mission doesn't have an effect.  So awesome!  Great memories of opening that envelope and remembering how exciting it was knowing that everything in that envelope would be life altering.

Next 11/7/95--The day a gold ring was put on my finger by the love of my life!  Another life changing event!  It makes me smile remembering how Todd proposed and had 50 roses laying on my porch with his 18 month old nephew holding a note and a ring box.  The note said "will you marry my uncle Todd?" When asked why 50 roses, he simply replied "because there weren't 100"!  Lots has happened since that night and I couldn't be happier with the results from both of these two events!  I know I have so much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

The Gardners said...

This is such a great idea. I might have to copy you next November.

When I was going through a hard time after Scott I did this, started a gratitude journal that is. It was amazing to sit down after a really hard day or night and realize how many things I still had to be grateful for.

Recognizing my blessings put things in perspective, and helped get me through.