Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My baby is 5!!!

I can't believe my baby is 5! We had a Birthday/Memorial Day party yesterday. Jake was so excited to have a party. Unfortuneately the weather wasn't as cooperative as we would have liked. We had planned to get out the waterslide and have a backyard BBQ, but the rain came and wouldn't stop! So we pulled the grill up close to the house and crammed everyone (41 people, and that wasn't even everyone!) into my house! It was fun having everyone here. It's great to have family around and I'm glad that my kids have their cousins as friends! I grew up with my cousins living far away, so I think it's cool that they know theirs!


My Memorial Day

After everyone was gone last night, Jake was snuggled up next to me and we decided to look at his scrapbook from when he was born. I don't ever think I've done that with him and he was so cute and happy to see his pictures. It made me remember the day he was born. I have such great feelings from that beautiful day. It's when I remember that first night after everyone left from the hospital when I just held him and looked at him and cuddled him so tight, that makes me want that again! It was so memorable to me! I guess that's why Mother's have more babies! I would do that again and again. Anyway, Jake has grown and has 5 years of earthly experience, but his little personality hasn't changed. He is still a happy, contented child and has been since the beginning. I love him so much!


I am so glad school will be out in 3 more days! I need a break from the routine, as I'm sure the kids do too! I am sick of being the nag every morning! But I can't believe this school year is almost over. It has been a great year and I've seen some real growth from Gabe. I've loved watching him learn and especially read! He's a good little reader and I'm glad he knows it. It makes him feel successful and that is what keeps him reading!


Well, lots to look forward to in the next few weeks. Hopefully some warmer (but not too warm) weather and some fun activity this summer!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That was so sweet! Happy Birthday Jake! Isn't it nice to have them look at scrapbooks. It makes all that hard work worth it! And I hear ya about a break from the morning routine....except we are on 12mo school. YUCK!

Mucho take it easy... said...

What up gansta-it's cousin Jess. Give me your e-mail and I will add you to my links. Jake & Gabe are so big! I really want to come up and hang again like last summer. We shall see.