Here is a fun little game...Leave a comment on my blog of a memory that you and I have had together. It doesn't matter if you've known me for a short time, or a long time, anything you remember! Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.On your mark...get set...blog your memories!!
4 comments:
I remember when you went on your mission and being little how cool I thought I was saying my cousin was in Italy. I also remember thinking you were super cool for backpacking with your sisters in Europe. I remember listening to the stories and looking at pictures and thinking gosh I want to do that some day. I did..Central America..ya'll gave me the guts!!! And just all the fun cousin memories when we would come visit Utah!!!
You & Todd came to LV to visit. (I think it was pre kids.) Brian & I met up with you guys for dinner at a seafood buffet. I hate seafood. But it was fun. You guys are always fun to hang out with!!
This memory game is tricky, because it is hard to narrow it down to just one. Even though you guys lived so far, I seem to have tons of good "Utah cousins" memories. But, I will say that there is one that sticks out and still cracks me up big time!
Whenever Tony would come to town, he would hit up cousin Jess for a little VIP treatment Big Shot-style at Strat. (He of course had like 20 peeps w/ him and came on a Saturday night during peak hours-never failed-every time!) Well, you and Todd must have caught wind of this because you guys would come and see me too. I loved it!
So I think it was the first time you guys came up, the ride was down due to high winds. HOWEVER, the winds were kind of borderline and it was just the gusts that were bad. Nonetheless, it was still pretty freaking windy.(whatever the MPH of the winds are at ground level, you double that number and that's what the wind speed would be up top,usually.) So, I take you and Todd up the back way. The ride is closed. I put you guys on the side opposite of some weights to balance out the weight on the ride, since you were the ONLY riders. Talk about VIP treatment. And at the last second,after I had already strapped you in, before I shot you guys up, you both asked "so why is it closed again?" And I said "we are closed due to high winds.But don't worry, its fine" And you were both like "WHAT?? ARE YOU SURE?? I was like "Trust me---you are gonna love this!" You were both pretty NERVOUS at this point. So I shoot you up and I am cracking up at you because I can hear you guys howling and screaming and laughing and when you finally came down you two were so freaking exhilerated, it was classic! I have never forgotten that! Good stuff!
Sorry so long!
I have some great memories from when we were kids and the many trips you made to Vegas, not to mention, the trip we made to Cali. (Yes, they still call me 'Sweet Pee!') But my fondest memories are of the time I came to stay with you guys and went to Orem High for a semester! You were a VERY COOL - and popular - senior and I was a VERY DORKY misfit freshman. I'm so sure that you secretly despised the fact that I wanted to be wherever you were. I remember your graduation and the little party that followed. Uncle Don lectured me (and either you or Sarah, I can't remember) until all hours of the night. I'm sure we deserved it.
I loved sitting on your waterbed and watching you get ready to go hang out with your friends. You were the coolest in my opinion, and still are! I love you!
Post a Comment