So off they go. Gabe with his arm around his little brother. Happy to be the one show him the way to school.
I didn't cry one tear this morning. Even after I drove over to the school to make sure that he got there okay. I have been fine and even doing the happy dance as I realize that I have some time in the mornings to be alone and to get things done by myself. But now, as I sit here reflecting on the morning and looking at my boys being independent and seeing how sweet Gabe was with Jakey, I am a bit misty and I realize how much I love them. I say a little prayer in my heart that while they are away from me today that they make the right choices and treat others with kindness and respect. I guess that's how our loving Father in heaven felt as he sent us off to "school" that we would do the same. And as I wait patiently for their return, that they can report to me about how things went today and tell me their concerns and problems, the things that make them happy or sad, I also can understand a little better why I need to have that type of relationship with my Father in heaven. Wow!! What little lessons are all around us in all of our day to day lives. Anyway...I am so happy that he's starting a new chapter in his life. I think school will be great for him this year and that he will grow in so many ways with this new experience.
2 comments:
What a great big bother Gabe is. Glad it went well for his first day!
Oh man...what a sweet little post! Shaunna...do they fight a lot? Or are they pretty chill?
Post a Comment