Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New School Year part.1

Boy, was this mom relieved! Gabe was off his nut excited for 1st grade! He got up before me, got dressed by himself, teeth brushed and hair combed without one nagging word from his mother! Last year he was so nervous at the thought of being gone for 6 hours during the day. But that didn't seem to bother him in the least.
And off he goes to catch the bus! Practically walking on air! So excited about the prospects of his first day of first grade. My thoughts were about him all day and I was so anxious to hear how thing went, that I decided to walk to the bus stop to meet him. Jake and I walked down and sat on the big boulder at the bus stop and waited for the bus. Finally, after a 5 or 10 min. wait, the big yellow bus pulled up. I watched all the neighbor kids file off the bus eager to get home to make their report of the day. Then I watched the bus doors close and the bus drive away, without any sign of Gabe! Where is he? I asked all the neighbor kids and no one knew where he was. Luckily Todd was home working and I hear him fire up his motorcycle. He drives down and tells me that the school had called and Gabe had gotten on the wrong bus. He had hopped on the one that he rode home last year. Luckily this bus confusion didn't put a damper on his day! He loved his new class and that he gets to eat school lunch and have recess several times throughout the day! I love that he's so happy about going to school and that he has a really nice teacher that is already feeding his self esteem with lots of kind words and recognition of his abilities. That also relieves a mother's mind and heart.
Now we have part 2 to look forward to next Monday with Jake's first day of Kindergarten. Can't wait!

6 comments:

PenroseTribe said...

How EXCITING! I'm glad Gabe made it home safe and sound. That's my worst nightmare! Thankfully these modern 'cheese wagons' are equiped with radios so the kids can't get too far without someone being able to track them down. WHEW! We're on the count down for next Monday!

Jen and Amber said...

How scary for him not to get off the bus! Talk about panic attack!! But at least that didn't ruin his day and he still wants to go back.

rhondas view said...

yea! i'm so glad that you do this!

cute family, shaunna!

Mucho take it easy... said...

I love the pic of him skipping! I hope his enthusiasm lasts for the entire year!

Cherine said...

Gosh crazy that school has started! Adios summer geez. It went by way to fast! Cute picture by the way!

Debbie said...

I loved hearing about their first day. Sounds pretty exciting. They are sure growing up and what cute boys!

On a side note, I would love to know more about the home mortgage little blurb on the side bar. Very neat! Good for you guys.