Friday, August 29, 2008

Quiet Friday Night


I can't remember the last time we had a Friday Night with NOTHING to do! I have to say it was so nice for a change. Todd and I were out talking on the deck and the boys decided to bring out their blankets and pillows and stuffed animals and play. After a while I went and layed on their blankets with them and just played and talked. It was such a nice, calm evening anyway. The weather is way more enjoyable and our backyard is shaded, too which makes the temperature more manageable. I decided to get my camera out and take some pics of the boys out there playing and being funny. Then I started wandering around the yard and taking some pics of my yard, garden and flowers. So here's some pictures I liked and thought I'd share. I just love spending time at home with no place I need to be! We eventually decided that we needed to eat so Little Caesars was the pizza of choice tonight. We ate out on the deck until the mosquitos came out and chased us in. Todd took the boys to get a movie and he brought me home an Arctic Circle shake, does it get any better? So here are the pix. Enjoy.
Gabe decided to paint himself with a magic marker with his friend Chase. He had his shirt on so I only saw his face that Todd had ordered him to wash before I even saw him. Then he took his shirt off and revealed the "rest" of the story! Oh, well, we still have 2 more days before church! His face is still pretty stained. I guess it could have been something more permanent than Crayola markers!
Jake informed me this week he wants to be a Rock star when he grows up. I thought Gabe was the only one who had decided that. They both want to be Pilots and Rock stars. I am so proud!
My Garden
Hey, there's a pumpkin peeking through all those vines!!!
My Clematis climbing up the fence. Pretty, Huh?
My pretty red cannas. So bright. I always think of Hawaii when I see these. They remind me of the ginger plants--the leaves, anyway.

2 comments:

Mucho take it easy... said...

Ok, the marker is hilarious! And your garden looks awesome. You have such a green thumb!

Debbie said...

I have cannas too, but they are the yellow kind. I love your flowers. So pretty! Sounds like a fun evening together as a fam. Your boys are so cute!

Great post...