Friday, October 17, 2008

So Much Joy!

I'm sure I'm like every parent in that I love to see a look of pure happiness, or joy on the face of my children. I guess that's why we do so much at Christmas and have Birthday parties! I am also sure that is why Gabe and Jake's grandpa has created this little paradise for them and they other grandchildren to come and enjoy as often as possible. It's hard to explain. Those who have been here understand what I'm talking about. It's not just that they come to this beautiful place for vacation once a year, it's the way they get to come and be a part of this place. Not as a tourist or an outsider. Although there is a significant amount of time in between, it's just a continuation of the last time. That may not make sense to you, but it does to us! We just appreciate it in such a profound way. We adore this little piece of heaven here on Kauai.
The other part of the joy is that my children have us 24/7 to be with. Todd really notices how much they cling to him during our time here. Here he is with his two little "buddies". They can't get enough of him and his time and his energy. I think that's why I feel like this is the closest thing to heaven for me here on earth! No other things take precidence over our family. What a blessing for me and Todd and defineately joy!

Although they get pounded again and again, they are thrilled to go out and do it again! They just want the excitement of the "ride". They are pretty brave and always have been when it comes to the water. I remember chasing them around a few years back when they would just run right to it as soon as we get to the water. How glad I am that they aren't afraid, and yet sometime in their lives they will need to learn respect for the ocean. Another moment of joy for these two little boys.

Here's the beach-mobile! We just kind of giggle to ourselves as we pile all our gear onto Sparky's golf cart and head to the beach! Sparky built an extra bench on the back so that we can drive down to Moloaa Bay. I wonder if people laugh at us as much as we laugh at ourselves? Anyway, we've had such a great trip full of more aloha memories and we look forward to continuing our great Hawaiian adventure again next year. We leave tomorrow night and are pretty sad that we have to leave. But we're happy that we get to spend the day on the beach before we take off. Aloha to the garden isle until the next time and Mahalo for all the fun memories.

5 comments:

Amber said...

It sounds like heaven. Reading that brought tears to my eyes. I loved this post. Happy you guys are enjoying your little family.

Debbie said...

This truly sounds wonderful and it makes me want to plan a trip this year to Hawaii. I can tell you have had some wonderful family memories here. Thanks for a virtual vacation on my end - for now!

Mucho take it easy... said...

Ya, that is pretty sweet that the Sparks fam has this paradise to share with one another. That really is special and it's awesome that you guys enjoy it so much. Your boys do look truly happy!

Cherine said...

What a blast!!! I love all the pictures!

lehiharmers said...

totally loving it.
how do i get to be your BFF so you will take me along?