So we were very productive last week for Mother/Daughter day, we bottled butter. What? Bottling butter? Yes! But why would you ever want to bottle butter, you ask? Well, you know all those buckets of wheat we are storing for the rainy day? Well, I will be having butter on mine! It has a three year shelf life, and I think I will start just rotating through mine so that we use it. See how pretty? Actually, these two jars still had to be shaken until they aren't separated anymore. But they look good, believe me! Now let me warn you, there is some controversy about it. Some say that it is dangerous--too risky for botchulism (sp?) But others that do it on a regular basis say that as long as you are careful and follow the directions exactly, it is fine. BYU is doing some kind of a study with it. So we'll see. But as for me and my house? We will have butter!!!!
6 comments:
That is such a great idea!!
Good for you, you actually went home and did it! You'll have to let me know the long term results.
Neat. I have never heard of this. Would love to try it.
I freeze butter and margarine, but then if we had no power, I'd be out of luck.
Probably your first mother daughter date without your other sis :( you are awesome and ambitious and all I aspire to be!!!
Ok, I'm coming to your house if there is an emergency!
We learned this at our stake Women's Conference. They took it one step farther and bottled sour cream and cream cheese. I'm sticking with the butter, for now...maybe BYU will study the other stuff, too! BTW - I watched that fireside with Wendy DeWitt and I'm well on my way to having my year supply. Thank you for hooking me up!
Post a Comment