Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Sweet Escape








So talk about cabin fever!  We saw there was a break in the weather last week, so we decided to head to Vegas for a few days and enjoy a much-needed change of scenery!  It was great to get a place with a pool so the boys could swim and enjoy being outside.  We stayed in N. Las Vegas  out by my brother Charlie.  So we spent most of the time with him and Julie and enjoyed being with them.  My cousin's wife Amber had emailed me the day we left so I emailed her back and we met up at a cool little park on Friday.  There were ducks and turtles there for the kids to feed and watch.  They had a great time there playing for an hour or so why we watched and visited.  Great to see you, Amber!  I hope my other cousins aren't mad at me for not calling.  I just didn't want to feel like I had to contact everyone while I was there.  I wanted to be on vacation!  Mom went down the same day with us to stay at her sister Julie's house.  So we went over there on Saturday to help Aunt Julie get her wireless router set up for her new laptop.  My cousin Emily came over and brought her kids.  My kids remembered them from last summer when they came up and stayed.  Anyway, it was a nice break, to say the least.  




5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Dang! You and Todd look great! Skinny and younger! Good for you!

Cathy said...

How fun! I want a break like that. I totally have cabin fever. I love your last picture. You guys look so cute!

Cherine said...

FUN! I went home last weekend and boy was it needed. I am not loving this drawn out winter weather!

julie said...

Oh my gosh....
Shaunna is that you?
It's Harris... Sorella Harris...
Julie Harris from the M.T.C.!!!
I found you through Rhonda's blog,
she's in my ward!
I hope you find this message.
Where are you? and How are you?
you look cute as ever!
love ya

Shaunna said...

Julie, if you find this please email me at shaunnasparks@msn.com so that I can connect with you! or leave your email address or blog here so that I can find you! I would love to reconnect!