Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sweet Boy!

So the doorbell rang at 12:05.  I realized I had locked it earlier and hadn't unlocked it before Jake got there.  As I opened the door this was what I saw (recreated for the photo, but so cute, none the less!
My little boy with a dandelion.  Something others see as pesky and noxious.  He sees as something beautiful and a hopeful sign of Spring!  I love that he thought to share it with me!  He's my little pal.  I will miss him so much next school year when he will be gone from me all day long!  At least now we spend lunchtime and the afternoons together, usually running errands!  But that is when we talk.  He tells me about how his day was at school and if he got to be the weather person or the calendar  or the "Captain" or "First Mate"!  And if he wasn't, who was and the whole rundown for his class that day.  He tells me what levels he's beat in Lego Batman, Star Wars and Indiana Jones.  He usually tells me more than I can comprehend of that stuff, but I love that he share with me anyway!  I am his biggest fan and his biggest cheerleader!  I tell him a minimum of 20 times a day that I love him and he mumbles back "I love you too, mommy", which makes my heart twitter!  Yes, he is my baby and he always will be.  But this growing up thing is certainly bitter-sweet.  I always ask him who loves him and he will point at me with his little pointer finger.  That always makes me chortle.  I am glad that he knows that.  I always will!

No comments: