You wanna know why I love July? I love it because I love Patriotism! I love it because it embodies the American way of life. I love it because it's watermelon busts and s'mores. I love it because it's water fight and parades and balloon launches and kids scrambling for candy and flags flying and marching bands playing Sousa and fireworks and the Star Spangled Banner. I love to see Veteran's being honored and fighter planes flying. It's family and traditions. I love it all! I enjoy the whole thing! Here is some of my fourth in 2009. I hope you enjoy, even if only a small part, the way I do!
Jake and Gabe with cousins Penny and Max
A beautiful morning for a launch!
Gabe and Max
Jake and cute Penny!
Dad and Jake
our family
The minutemen
The color guard
My gorgeous neice!
My freckle-faced boy!
Jake, cousin Iver and Gabe
Jackson and Gabe
The fighter jets!
Smore's
Fireworks
I think this might be my favorite holiday! Mostly because the reason isn't lost in materialism. We celebrate with food and family with gratitude in our hearts for those who fought for our liberty. I love that family is central and that as I look around, that's what others are doing, too. The saddest part for me, this year, was that so many of our family were celebrating elsewhere!! Mom and Michelle were in Virginia. Mom took Claire with her so I'm sure Sarah was missing her. Jamohn is back in Afghanistan. It made it hard for Michelle, but he'll be back at the end of the month. Todd's parents along with Brooke, Jordan and Alec were in Hawaii. Tiff and her family are in Oregon with Brae's family. Charlie and Julie are in Vegas. So are numbers were fewer than normal, but the spirit of the day prevaled! I can't believe it's over for another year! We'll continue to enjoy the summer and look forward to next year.

2 comments:
Amen! This is one of my favorite holidays too! Your pictures came out great! Funny, I think we were often in the exact same places this weekend - surprised we didn't cross paths :)
You're so eloquent! Loved reading your sentiments on the 4th!
Post a Comment