Well, we are back from our fun week at girls camp. I've know all year in the back of my mind this is part of the territory. I even rolled my eyes a few times when talking about the preparations, etc. of girls camp. But to my complete delight, I found that I was wishing we would have had at least another day up there! My girls were so easy and fun. Unlike other camps, the girls were unified and not clique-ish. The leaders were so fun. I think we had more fun than the girls! Here we all were the morning we left.
Angie B., Me, Mariah, Courtney, Taylar, Kenya, Cessily, Alyssa, Kate, Debbie and Merisa. (Thanks Chuck for the use of that awesome trailer!)
So one of the girls (not sure which) had the great idea to have a race to see who'd get their tent up first! They were being all smart Alick-y about beating the leaders. Well as you can see, we won bragging rights this year! (The nice thing about being a new ward, is that we have all new equipment!)

Not to brag or anything, but we were having a competition with the other wards and one of the tasks was to start a fire with a magnifying glass, newspaper, steel wool, and a 9v battery. After a few seconds of trying with the magnifying glass, we decided the sun was at a bad angle. I hurried and grabbed the battery and steel wool and we had a fire in a minute or less! Here we are getting it going.

we also had to demonstrate CPR. I was dusting off cobwebs trying to remember the steps, but we passed it off.
This was so fun for me! They were showing us how to do archery. I had never done it before and thought it was really cool! I didn't do too bad, either...
Okay, so here was one of our yummy breakfasts! It was sooooo good! French Toast with Strawberries, blueberries, Magic syrup and whipped cream. And of course the star of the show...BACON! Here's the recipe for magic syrup
Magic Syrup
1 cube of butter
1 C Sugar
3/4 C Buttermilk
Combine in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. After it boils, remove from heat and add 1tsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. of vanilla. Whisk in and serve. Mmmmmmmm.

As the girls were off at stake certification, we sat around and made earrings. Here's Merisa and I showing off our new pretties.

Okay, so I have so much respect and appreciation for this woman! She left her nursing baby for the week, and pumped all through the day AND night! I know the girls didn't even realize. But I did and Debbie is my hero! She was so fun and such a big part of why camp was such a great success!

Okay, so I have so much respect and appreciation for this woman! She left her nursing baby for the week, and pumped all through the day AND night! I know the girls didn't even realize. But I did and Debbie is my hero! She was so fun and such a big part of why camp was such a great success!
Our cute journals that we made with our Theme--CAMO-lot! The stake had given us a mideval theme, but we decided to go with camo and be heroes rather than princesses. It was fun because we did army cadences for our cheers and they were so cute!
My three pals! These guys were the reason we had such great times up there! I swear, the girls were the ones telling us to go to sleep at night!

I just loved being up there with these beautiful Young women. They are truly beautiful girls with beautiful and strong spirits! It was worth the work! What a great week!

6 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. Girl's Camp is so great that way. It is often more fun for the leaders. Where did you go? Your area looks very lush!
I am sure you made it fun for the girls. There is really no better camping buddy than you! I should know :)
Love ya!
Now is that a tent or a small apartment??
no kidding, those tents were pretty roomy!
OK, WHATEVER! I thought I was done crying now that camp is over, but here I am bawling again after reading your post!!! You're awesome, love you!
P.S. Rick is really questioning your quando song... he says that word reminds him too much of bat poop!
Looks like fun, Shaunna! Glad to hear you had such a good time.
You're looking AWESOME, by the way!!!!
I'm glad you had fun. It looks like the perfect camping spot. I love Girls Camp! You have a great attitude about it all. So many YW leaders complain endlessly about camp.
Those earrings are darling. I've been enjoying jewelry making too lately.
Post a Comment