Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloweeenie!

So this year my kids begged to stay home and trick-or-treat here in our neighborhood with their friends! For the last 5 years or so we've been with Brent and Lisa, but we decided to start our own Halloween traditions. We decided to try what my sister-in-law has done for years, which is to pass out Hot Dogs and Hot Chocolate instead of candy. I know that sounds expensive, but candy has gone up in price this year, and it ended up to be pretty equal in price. (you just need to shop like me eg. Dealstomeals.com) So here are some pics of Todd and I dressed as Dog and Beth. My neighbor was kind enough to take some pix for me. Who knows we might just do it all again next year (the hot dogs, I mean)?!

Here's Todd, I mean Dog, with Grandma "Pete". She couldn't stop laughing! I think it was seeing Todd with hair again, after all these years!
Here's me as Beth (Dog's wife) Grandma thinks I should be a blonde...Hmmm....have to think about that one! Gabe is a mad scientist and Jake...when I asked him what he wanted to be he said "Luke Skywalker, episode 6, Jabba's palace" Now there's a boy who knows what he wants. But I seemed to do okay by him with an old black sheet and a few stitches!
Here's me handing out Hallo"weenies"
Neighbors enjoying
Me trying to look charming...Muffin top and all! Too bad you can't see how enormous my chest is!
Here are the boys at the school Halloween Parade

For Family night on Monday we had a Halloween party at Beeson's. It was fun letting the cousins do the donut on a string contest and carve their pumpkins together! I think this is becoming another Halloween Tradition.
Love the nostril shot of Gabe!

Jake doing his best to win!
Todd showing Gabe how to clean out the "Guts" of his pumpkin
Jake making his design
Bless Todd's heart being the carving supervisor with the boys!
Cute Eliza
Buzz making his BYU masterpiece!
Claire and Jack busy at work!
Andy getting some help from Jack or is Jack getting help from Andy?
Sarah looks a bit intimidating with that knife!

4 comments:

Amber said...

You guys are so fun!! Wish we lived closer to you. :)

Adrienne said...

I am with Grandma, Todd totally makes me laugh! Who is Beth? I like the weenie idea!!

Cherine said...

Fun stuff. I love your costume. Dog and Beth are the best. And I agree the weenie idea is cool. I am a hot dog lover!

Cathy said...

You guys look awesome! I miss being in Utah! Can't wait to see you guys!