Friday, November 27, 2009
Thankful
Since the loss of my camera in October, I've had a hard time wanting to dig out my old smaller camera to take pictures. Sad, huh? So I don't have any of my traditional Thanksgiving pictures of my Thanksgiving table and my family that surrounded it. But I have wonderful memories of this year. Mom, Sarah, Sam and their five joined Todd and the boys and I here at our house. It was a wonderful time being with them and sharing our traditional foods and expressing our gratitude to each other of our greatest blessings. I love that we can share the things that mean the most to us so openly. We go around the table, one at a time, and name three things we are thankful for. I love that our children are so happy to participate and count their blessings, as well. I heard a quote this week by Tony Robbins that said something like (I didn't write it down, but I should have) that gratitude makes us forget our own problems. (I would put quotations around that, but I can't remember the exact words.) I believe this with all my heart. I've been bogged down lately by my own worries and concerns, but when I "count my blessings" Those worries disappear. I know that I have struggles, but I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people, family, the gospel and the knowledge that God has a plan for me. How can I dwell on the negative when I know this. I know that times are tough right now for a lot of people. I know that no matter what, we will always have the gospel. We will always have family that loves us. I will always have friends that care. How can I be anything but thankful?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was a nice reminder post thanks! Glad you all had a great Thanksgiving. One quote I like is from President Monson and I can't think of it exact but goes something like this : if ingratitude is counted as one of the worst sins, then gratitude is counted as one of the noblest of virtues. Say hi to the fam. I miss you all! Happy Holidays cuz!
Post a Comment