Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Betty Jane Worden 1924 - 2010


Sunday afternoon we were informed that my grandma passed away. Although she's very far away in Michigan, and we just aren't in any kind of position to go back there, we are sad and remembering her this week. I am so glad that I was able to see her for a few minutes two years ago. I knew that day that it would be my last time seeing her in this life. But I am really happy that we will be holding our own memorial service for her tomorrow. It will be a great chance to be able to express our feelings for her and for all of us to have closure.

I was thinking about how young grandma looks in a few of these photos of when I was a baby. She was only 42 (younger than what I am now!) when I was born! She was barely 18 when she got married and not quite 19 when my dad was born! Wow, that is just crazy! So that made my great grandma only 35 when she became a grandma and 56 when she became a great grandma!

My Grandma was a widow by the time my dad turned one. I can't imagine how that must have been for her! Luckily she had good parents that were willing to help her with my dad. Luckily she found Bob that loved her so much and was willing to adopt my dad and be a good father and provider. He was a good man with a good heart and I know he loved my grandma alot. He passed away two years ago and so I am so happy to know that they are together and able to see each other again.

This is her and my Grandfather and Great Grandfather on her wedding day. Not quite one week from her 18th birthday.
This is Grandpa and Grandma with their first Grandchild...ME! This was my six month birthday. We were back there for the summer after I was born, but my parents returned back to BYU that fall and they wouldn't be there for my first birthday. So this was their way of sharing it with me!

This is Grandma holding me when they came for my dad's graduation from BYU. Cute pic!

This was a few years back, but I really love this picture of both of them together. They loved each other and were very happy together. I have no more living Grandparents. It's pretty amazing that I have up until now, when you think about it. I feel very fortunate to have known my grandparents and to have been influenced by them.

1 comment:

Debbie Gardner said...

So sorry. Glad it went well.