Monday, March 15, 2010

My idea, but I need some advice...



I've been contemplating a lot lately of what I need to do to bring in some extra income. I really have been interested in lots of things, but I REALLY feel strongly that I need to solicit my services in the digital scrapbook world. I really do love it and would love to help others with keeping their stories and putting it into a medium that is pretty timeless! So I've been trying to think up a name for doing some "scrap for hire". If anyone who reads this can think of something clever, let me know!
So here are a few of the pages I've been doing with templates I've made up. Give me your honest feedback. If you were to have someone do this for you, how much would you pay? Is it worth $100 for a 20 page, 12x12 book, bound with a hard cover? After the first 20 pages, I think it would be around $4.50/page. Is this a viable business, that people would honestly pay for? When you think of traditional scrapbooking most people spend at least that much per page (dang, one sheet of paper is at least $1 for the cute stuff, then add the embellishments, not to mention the book!) Another cool thing about it is that after you have finished one book and Grandma wants a copy of the same thing, she can order one, as well! Even after a few years it's still available to make as many copies as you want! Anyway, that's my thought! Let me know what you think....

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Use your own word and call it "Timeless Treasures"

Amber said...

i love this idea. i really wish i had time to scrapbook or to even learn how to do the whole digital thing. i would pay for this to be done for me.

i am not clever enough for a name. but i think you could also do blog headers....cause yours is so cute! or invites, xmas cards and stuff like that. just another idea! :)

Debbie said...

I think there's a definite market out there. So many of my friends are donating their old scrap booking supplies. I'm leaning to making a "blog book" on blurb.com, but I'm not great with digital scrappin'. It's all about the software, I've heard.

You have the talent for it. Good luck. I like Adrienne's idea on a name. Good luck!

Cherine said...

I like the idea. I too would buy it from you. I am so not into stuff like that but love the product. So I would be a customer.