Dear Mom,
This is your Mother's Day Card. I know it's a little "unconventional", but doing it this way just immortalizes my sentiments. I just wanted you to know how much I love you. I am so thankful for you and for all that you've given me these past 44 years! Can you believe we've known each other that long? Anyway, I found some pictures of you that made me realize the love and care you've given me throughout my life!
I love this photo of us. I think it is so sweet. (plus, there is no signs of weight trouble for either of us!)
This picture makes me smile because I can remember taking this photo and I loved that little dress I was wearing because it was reversable! I love the fish on it, too. I also love your hair! And I know it doesn't show, but you are wearing some cute red Keds. I remember that, too!
This doesn't even look like mother/daughter. I see four sisters. Don't you?
Here are a few photos of you meeting me at the airport in Rome. I look back and am so impressed with your courage for getting on a plane all by yourself, without ever having left the country, and heading off to Italy. You had no knowledge of the language, just a desire to spend the last few days of my mission with me. Here we are after we reunited once you went through customs. Those are happy faces!
We are both so happy to see each other! After 18 long months you were as much a welcome sight to me as, I'm sure, I was to you!

We just kept looking at each other and hugging! I was soooo happy to have you there! It was so important to me for you to see where I had been.

It's funny to me that you, in this photo, were the same age as I am now. I feel like you've grown younger, as I've grown older! Funny our perception of age with our parents!


It's funny to me that you, in this photo, were the same age as I am now. I feel like you've grown younger, as I've grown older! Funny our perception of age with our parents!

Here you are again, by my side, during another one of my special moments. This was my wedding day after my wedding breakfast. I know this was such a hard thing for you. I remember how bitter/sweet this whole process was for you. We have been each other's best friends and I imagine you felt as though you had to give up yours. But as you well know, it's only been the source for adding and enriching your life even more with the addition of a son-in-law and granchildren.
Another important moment of my life. The birth of my first-born son, Gabriel. Not only were you a source of strength after he was born, but for the five long years of frustration, fertility treatments and prayers. I'm sure your heart ached, as mine do for my children during their hard times. Only as a mother do you understand that. The difficulty of standing back and letting your children make hard decisions, living through hardship and taking the bad blows is something only a parent can understand. I can see, in this picture of you and Gabe, your heartache and worry.
Mom, you truly have been there for me during the easy times, the hard times, the happy times, the sad times, the disappointing times and the jubilant times! I still to this day know that I can call and share all my news with you. You have been there and still are! Thanks, Mom! I LOVE YOU!
Shaun





2 comments:
So touching. I loved reading this!
Happy Mothers Day to you, Shaunna. I love reading your blog.
What sweet memories! I love looking at you as a missionary, you were so cute!
Post a Comment