I forgot to mention the 4th of July celebration was in the middle of all this, too. Here are some photo's of my awesome neighborhood and the celebration here. This is why I love where I live!
It started off with a flag ceremony...
And the national anthem...
Then the kids lined up for the parade
with their bikes all decked out!
Then some games and face painting, etc.
And we had to have the patriotic songs! So cute and so Patriotic! I just am such a sucker for patriotism!
Youth Conference was on a ward level this year and I have to say how awesome our YM presidency is! I've never worked with such an organized group of men! I was worried when the bishop told me that we (the YW and YM presidencies) were in charge of getting it planned. But I have such a new respect for these guys. Two of them are Moab junkies and so they knew of the coolest spots to take us! We had such a fun time rock climbing, repelling and hiking into places that very few people have been to. I actually dragged Todd along. I know he thinks its because I wanted to bring our 5th wheel trailer so I could sleep comfortably in the A/C, (I can't lie, I was thrilled to have it!) but I was glad he came along to enjoy and get to know the youth a little better. He had a blast, too. We planned a commitment trail for the first night that was so cool and really made an impact on the kids. It was a great weekend.
Stay tuned for girls camp post and pics. Ahhhh, now it's summer!







3 comments:
Shaunna, I LOVE that picture of you and Todd. It is darling. It needs to be up in your house somewhere!
Looks like fun. That really is a cute pic of you and Todd!
Good times! Thanks for bringing that trailor, it was a benefit to all!
Post a Comment