Monday, August 23, 2010

The Sandlot

I've been meaning to write about this all summer. My kids have gone through this total phase this summer. At the beginning of the summer they watched the movie "The Sandlot". If they watched it once, they watched it 100 times! So they started wearing long pants ("if you want to slide, you need to be wearing jeans") instead of shorts and flip-flops were traded for tennis shoes and of course they wore a t-shirt with a button-down over the top! When Todd came home from work everyday they wanted to play catch! My sister's house has a baseball field behind it and everytime they knew we were going to Beeson's, they changed their clothes and brought their mits! I just laughed every time! It's so cute! Here are some pictures of the last time they were there playing ball. Oh, and Gabe's haircut that I posted about earlier, it was all about how his hair looked in a baseball cap! He decided short hair worked better in the cap than long hair! I love it!


2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Love this!

That movie seems to be some sort of right of passage for little boys :0)

Cristina said...

Hello Shaunna. I'm Cathy's sister in law Cristina. I just wanted to share with you that we also watched the movie for the first time this summer and my son loved it. So he stopped wearing his shorts and was asking me to go to a junk yard to build a fence just like the movie. Your boys are very cute, take care