Thursday, June 2, 2011

It Rains....

I know you can't tell, but this picture was taken right as a rain cloud was moving across the bay.  People on the beach saw it coming and scrambled to gather their stuff and leave the beach.  I had walked over to where Todd and Gabe were body surfing and got a few shots in before the down pour!  They didn't really notice since they were in the water getting rolled by the waves.  I quickly hurled my camera under my shirt and zipped up my camera bag and headed back to our stuff.  Jake was curled up, head and all,  under a beach towel sitting in one of the chairs.  By the time I got back to my chair the cloud was gone and took the rain with it, and the sun was coming back out.  Yes, it rains in Hawaii and I love how most of the time it's just a quick pass over and then, the sun's back out like nothing ever happened!  The best part was that the beach was deserted and stayed that way for most of the day!  So we had the beach to ourselves for a lot of the day!

I love this shot of Todd emerging from the wave!

Father and son body surfing!  They had such a great day!





This cool little canopy has been at the beach this whole time.  It's kind of Gilligan's Isle-esque. (this is for you Stormy!

This kid got so much sand in his cast yesterday that despite my attempts to clean it out with the sprayer, his bed had mounds of sand in it this morning when he woke up!  He hasn't let that thing get in his way of fun!

1 comment:

Cherine said...

All these Hawaii pics make me have island envy :) Someday I will visit!