I got woken up to Gabe begging me to stay home today. His argument? Snow. Six beautiful inches of it in our backyard! At first I furrowed my brow and just said, "whatever". but he begged even harder saying that if we waited until after school, it would probably be melted. I got that! Every bit of snow that we've received this winter, which really isn't much, has been gone by the latter part of the day for the most part. Part of the deal (Gabe's idea) was that they would do some major cleaning. Without too much more pleading, I caved! I think the idea of clean bedrooms for the weekend sweetened the deal for me. I can't lie!!!
I posted my deed on Facebook and as more and more people commented, I realized that these are the things remembered! The exception. The one thing that never happens. It's these types of moments that are the memories that our children remember best!
I went to a funeral this week that made me realize that these are the times that will be the happy memories of my children. Todd's uncle Denny died after battling Parkinson's disease for 35 years! Each of his children had wonderful moments, simple moments, that were the thing that they spoke of fondly as they remembered their father. Most of the children only knew their dad with this debilitating disease. But even so, he somehow remained the fun-loving father that all of us want to be. It was a lesson to me.
Now if I could have only been the fun mother that was out there in it.....well, who said I was perfect? Poco a poco!!


1 comment:
Loved this and your kids I'm sure agree that you should win mother of the year.
Thanks for your comment, I love what you said on my blog and I agree 100% with everything you said, especially the trophy's to everyone. You made my night with your comment.
Your photos are stunning btw! You are too talented girl, I'm so lucky to have you as family!
Love you!
Post a Comment