Thursday, January 24, 2013

A New Spin

This past year has been exciting as I am trying to find my niche.  I have been on a site that has been featuring some really inspirational photographers and filmmakers.  Every Christmas I try to do a project to give to my family.  It's a usually a slideshow of something inspiring and has a certain message that I want to convey for the holiday season.  This year I did something different than usual in that I incorporated video.  It isn't very good and now looking back and studying it out more, I realize how bad it is, but incorporating video into these projects has me more excited than ever.  Here's the video from Christmas 2012.  It was exciting to work with Eliza, my niece, since she received her mission call right before Christmas.  I was thinking a lot about her heritage.  She has wonderful parents  and grandparents who have committed their lives to living the gospel of Jesus Christ.  So as I was breaking out the Christmas music, I came across a song by Amy Grant called "Heirlooms". The words really spoke to me and I felt inspired to do something using this song.  So it only felt right featuring Eliza and her heritage of missionary work.
I'm excited and a bit inspired to try a new project this year.  So maybe you'll see another video project from me sometime during the course of the year.

No comments: