Monday, June 16, 2008

Our Other Life

Our "Gang"
LtoR: Lisa, Brent, Melanie, Steve, Shaunna, Todd
This is our first day on the ride. We rode to Richfield and then met up with 532 others for dinner, a program and to look at some really cool bikes!

The boys: Steve, Brent and Todd

We met up at the Rally point for us all to take off together. It was pretty fun to see people come out to Main St. Richfield to see all the motorcyles take off.

Brent and Lisa Lining up!

The biggest event to hit Richfield in years!

Cool, Huh?

All Smiles!

You have to try it! The Pickle was good! I liked the pinto, as well. Very sweet, like pecan pie. I guess the pioneers were quite innovative as they used what they had to make pecan and mince meat pies. I would probably have never tried it if it weren't for Steve and Mel!

After we got to Torrey, we rested up for a bit and then went into Capital Reef. What a beautiful place. Todd and I have been through before, but it really is a different experience on a motorcyle. Mel and Steve went with us to take some pics.


Such a cool view!


Another photo op!


After we took a few pics, we went back and met up with Lisa and Brent for dinner. We went to a place called Cafe Diablo. WOW! Who would have ever thought you could eat food like that in a little place like Torrey! We heard that the Chef had come from Deer Valley. It was sooo good and we had a wonderful server and the company was awesome! What a fun time and not to mention the food! Afterward, HOG had a band and a party. We went for a little while and listened and danced, but we were pretty beat! Early to bed!

The next morning Todd and I got up early so we could go find this waterfall in Capital Reef. It really is amazing how things look different at different times of the day!

Here's a self portrait! Cool shadow, huh?

Tough guy!

After we got back, we fueled up, had breakfast and headed toward Boulder and Escalante. What a gorgeous ride that was. I kept seeing places that I thought we be fun to bring our boys back to for camping or just for a little road trip. It was cool driving down the "hogs back" down the Grand Staircase in Escalante. I remember my week backpacking trip down there when I was 17. It was some rugged country and a very difficult trip for me. But that was a point in my life that gave me confidence that I could do something "hard". Boy, what a great thing to learn at that point in life. Very Character building!













They fed us in Escalante! It was getting pretty hot and we were getting a little weary! 50 more miles!


After we got to Ruby's Inn (Bryce Canyon) We took a few hours to cool down and rest before dinner. We ate a Ruby's Inn at their Cowboy buffet. Then, it was time to Party. They had a band, and gave away a ton of prizes! Steve won $25! Big goober, he had already gone to bed so Brent had to collect it for him! They also had a huge fireworks show! I was pretty impressed! I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at the whole thing! The people were nice and they were just normal folks like us! HOG was pretty organized and they did a great job putting the whole thing together.



So the last morning Todd and I got up and rode up to Bryce and took a few pics before we had to meet our gang for breakfast and to head home!
WHAT A GREAT TIME!!!

5 comments:

Mucho take it easy... said...

Wow! I had no idea you guys were so hard-core! just kidding! That looks like so much fun. And yes-Utah is beautiful.

tamara said...

Dang...lookin good in leather...haha! I think I'm a lil scared now...:) You two are my heroes...ride on!!!

Amber said...

You got some really nice pictures. And looks like you had some fun too!!

Debbie said...

You guys are too hip and fun! This is a whole other side of you. It looks like a great adventure. You take awesome pictures, Shaunna! That part of Utah is just out of this world. So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

When did you become a 'Harley Mama?' Looks like so much fun!
Love ya!