I know today is the day after, but I just wanted to record some feelings that I had as I was reflecting on the events of that day seven years ago. My mom called as she was getting ready for school and said that a plane had just hit the World Trade Center and to turn on my T.V. Todd and I were still snoozing and so it woke us right up! We were watching all the confusion and then about 10 minutes later we saw another plane plummet into the second tower! We both were dumbfounded as we couldn't believe our eyes! Did we really just witness that? Then it seemed like a whirlwind of crazyness just kept on throughout the morning! I stayed glued to the television! I remember the sick feeling I had as the first tower disintegrated before my eyes. What a surreal feeling. Then came the second. I felt guilty as I was a helpless onlooker to the events of the day! I never got dressed that day. I was exactly a month from delivering my first child and as everything unfolded that day, I started to wonder what kind of world I was bringing a brand new beautiful child into? It just got more and more crazier and confusing as we, the entire nation, tried to understand how and why this could happen here.
Now, seven years later, as I hang my flag, I feel like we've become so calloused in our "post 9/11" world, that we've forgotten how mad we were in those days and weeks following the drama. We wanted someone to "pay" for the lives that were destroyed. And now we have people that believe that this war was senseless! That we have no business being in Iraq! There are large groups of people that hate the America that we know and love so bad that they have dedicated their lives to bring it down! We might even end up with a president that wants to "run home with our tails between our legs" instead of standing up to the threat on our very way of life. I just hope that the majority of our country are still God-fearing and will choose a President that will remember how it felt on 9/12/2001 and is angry and sickened, and determined to protect this nation from the threat of those who hate America and for the very ideal that it stands on...Just my thoughts.
3 comments:
Very well said Shaunna, thanks you.
Amen sister! I totally agree with you.
I AGREE! I am sickened that people think the war is a joke! Girl don't even get me started! =)
Post a Comment