Monday, September 8, 2008

Camping 2008

I know it's pretty pathetic, but we finally took the trailer out and went camping for the first time in two summers! I can't believe we have been so lame as to not take the kids out at least a few times this summer! Anyway, we went Friday night up to Timpanoeke (our favorite campground). We love going there (despite the fact an eleven year old boys was malled by a bear last summer) because it's A. beautiful and B. They have lots of nice, secluded camp sites.


Jake in his cowboy hat! Loved to "help" dad with the campfire. What is it about boys, sticks and fire?

I just loved this pic of Jake! He was a happy little camper, despite the cool temps. He insisted, however on wearing shorts! Too much like his dad that way. He ate a lot of corn on the cob. It amazes me how much he likes it. Gabe won't touch it!




White trash? Hmmmm......


Nothing like some good 'ol tinfoil dinners! They were pretty good! Not to mention easy!
I didn't go all out on this trip. Just stuck with the traditional camping food!



Our campsite...home sweet home! All I can say about that is thank goodness for the furnace! I know it was in the 30's that night!


My kids started asking about s'mores and marshmallows the minute that we got out of the truck! They just couldn't wait! I have to admit, this was the hardest thing that I've had to decline since we started our sugar fast! They looked good!
Mmmmm. S'mores!A breathtaking sunset!

I just couldn't help trying to capture the beauty of this!



Jake drinking his "grillate"

Makin' Bacon!


Gabe wanted to go on a "hike". Which is fine and good except that Jake is the absolute worst to take hiking if he has to use his own two feet! So we decided to go to Cascade Springs which was so fun! I haven't been there in years! It was a perfect day up there and not too many people!









Looks like "Change" is coming! The first of the leaves changing.

We could see lots of brown trout! (Too bad they don't allow fishing!)


7 comments:

lehiharmers said...

we love camping, and i like it even better with a trailer:) with a toilet:) and a shower:)
where is that campground at?

Amber said...

It looks so pretty! And I love your pictures. Good job on turning down s'mores. I don't think I could do that!!

Mucho take it easy... said...

Aww man Shaunna, those pics are so pretty! That looks like a really neat place. Minus the bears. We miss you guys.

Lacy said...

Looks like so much fun!! We didn't make it out this year. (Rob is not happy about it)!!

Hild Family said...

I'm glad you had a good time. We ended up camping in our back yard instead which was fine because otherwise we would have been in a tent. Like Noel said, I want a toilet, heat, you know... things like that.

Cathy said...

Fun pictures! They are so cute. Now I want to eat smores...

Debbie said...

Ohhhh. I miss camping in Utah. It's not nearly as fun in the heat/humidity here in Texas. I love the photos of you guys on your camp-out, especially the one with the hoodie and cowboy hat. Cute. You have a definite photographer's eye. Love the trees at sunset photos. Great color!