Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sugarless--Day 3

Sunday night, while we were at mom's for dinner, Sam challenged all of us to go a month without sugar! Todd and I both said we would. I decided that it would be no problem since I did it a few years ago the week before Halloween, no less. I really don't get too tempted by sweets. My biggest problem is the evening when we are watching T.V. But if it's not here, no can do! Plus, my boys don't need it either. So I bought some fruit to tame the tough times (which for Todd it seems to be right now--he's snacking on Kashi...I told him he could have popcorn.) I know we will both drop some weight by cutting out stuff like Sonic Peach cream slushes (my fav) or various other delights from Wendy's, Arctic Circle, etc. Todd even went to the Gym today (a first!) and I've been walking with my neighbors in the mornings around the neighborhood. So maybe we can drop a few before we go to Hawaii?! After all only 30 more days!!!! So, so far, so good as we have been sugarless for 3 whole days! I'll keep you updated!!!

3 comments:

Mucho take it easy... said...

Heck ya! You guys can totally rock this. It just takes a little concentration.

Debbie said...

I am impressed! Good luck with it. Just reading your suggestion of the Sonic peach slush makes me want to go try one. Haven't had that kind before. What a wimp I am!

Hild Family said...

Haylie will be so sad to hear she can't share her wicorwish with you!! What a fun challenge though. I can't do it. I am a sugaraholic and need something sweet after EVERY meal. No self control, I know.