Well, tonight's the first night I've even gotten on the computer since the Thanksgiving break. I feel like I need to at least, post a few things that I am thankful for. My mom brought something that someone had written that put things into perspective to our Thanksgiving feast. I don't have it right here, but the gist was this:
I am thankful for the mess that I get to clean up after a party--because it means that I have been surrounded with family and friends.
I am thankful for the piles of laundry that are screaming for me to do--because it means that my family has clothes to wear.
I am thankful for the housework I do--because it means I have a roof over my head.
You get the idea. I guess the reason that this hit me so hard was that I know I complain about things that bother or drive me crazy, but when you get down to it all, I guess it's better that I have the things to complain about because most of them are the little things that come from big blessings.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Todd's Mom and Dad, Grandmother, brother and his wife and son and his youngest brother, my Mom and Sister and her two kids. It was nice to observe a few of the traditions from my side of the family and share with Todd's. I was also glad to have the benefit of smelling the Turkey all morning cooking and then the leftovers.
After dinner we watched movies, visited and had pie. It was a great day and I was pretty proud of making my first Thanksgiving turkey with the trimmings.
I am thankful for the mess that I get to clean up after a party--because it means that I have been surrounded with family and friends.
I am thankful for the piles of laundry that are screaming for me to do--because it means that my family has clothes to wear.
I am thankful for the housework I do--because it means I have a roof over my head.
You get the idea. I guess the reason that this hit me so hard was that I know I complain about things that bother or drive me crazy, but when you get down to it all, I guess it's better that I have the things to complain about because most of them are the little things that come from big blessings.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Todd's Mom and Dad, Grandmother, brother and his wife and son and his youngest brother, my Mom and Sister and her two kids. It was nice to observe a few of the traditions from my side of the family and share with Todd's. I was also glad to have the benefit of smelling the Turkey all morning cooking and then the leftovers.
After dinner we watched movies, visited and had pie. It was a great day and I was pretty proud of making my first Thanksgiving turkey with the trimmings.
4 comments:
I'm glad you had a nice thanksgiving with your family. I liked reading this post. thanks for sharing.
Great insights and good for you on the 1st turkey!
Those are some great sayings. I really need to remember those things more often. Thanks for sharing!
I love that... It's a perfect way to look at things. I would love a copy of it. If you have one you should email it to me. Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment