Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Kauai 2009


My Kauai is my family. This year, not only with Todd and the boys, but with Todd’s parents. My children love being here with Grandma and Grandpa. It’s been fun “doing” Kauai the way they do and seeing it the way they see it for a change. It’s a little hard to explain, because it’s not like we do things so differently, but because of the time they spend on this island they know how to do things more like a local and less like a tourist. It’s been so fun to see Grandpa excited to show Gabe and Jake HIS Kauai.
My Kauai is beauty. I love walking around the house and seeing the fruit and flowers all around the yard. It's an evening walk alone with Todd down the road to the beach. It's sitting on the sand and watching the waves and the seeing the stars pop out into the darkening sky. It’s a boat ride around the Napali coast. The many shades of green on cliffs that jet straight up pointing skyward from the blue, blue waters.
My Kauai is relaxation to the max! Sitting on the beach and watching my boys play for hours. Reading until I want to sleep. Closing my eyes and being lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves lapping onto the sand. Laying on the hammock with my boys and having conversations like “mom, I would do anything for you”.
That's a glimpse into my Kauai.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Have enough fun for all the rest of us!

Adrienne said...

Jealous jealous jealous! I am totally jealous. However, I am also totally happy for your bliss!
Have a great time!

The Gardners said...

Sounds like a little piece of heaven!! Tell Gabe Chase is sure missing him... His life is just not the same with out him.

Debbie Gardner said...

Now how do I make "My Lehi", that interesting? Gonna really have to look at the glass half full to make that happen.