From This:
Ooooh, aren't they pretty? I know that's strange to say, but I am feeling pretty good about this! 25 quarts---all free! Mom's ward has a ward garden this year, and apparently people aren't picking them fast enough! So she brought over a bushel or so and I picked out the ripe ones from my garden. I just love knowing that there is the beginnings of 25 meals. That's nearly a whole month's worth of dinners. Of course we divided these out between the three of us. But it still gives me a satisfied feeling knowing that these haven't fallen on the ground and rotted. But that my family will eat some good grub this winter. We also froze zucchini and yellow squash for soups, etc. Peaches are next. My tree is full!
4 comments:
Oooh I love seeing beautiful jars all stacked neatly. It really is pretty! I made spaghetti sauce this year and froze it... it feels so good! Good luck with your peaches!
I need a lesson in canning/jarring! So impressed with your provident living!!!
Yet another thing I miss about Utah. I know there are a few people who find success with gardening in Texas, but it's not easy. We had beautiful and huge tomato plants a few years back and had a meager harvest - 1 tomato! Not worth the money to water them.
You did a great job. Those bottled tomatoes look just beautiful! You are a multi-talented gal!
They are beautiful! Good work!
Post a Comment