No Home work=no beach. I wish I had this kind of leaverage at home. We spend an hour or so doing homework and reading. The kids seem to like the structure, so be it! Before we left to come the boys discovered that they would be missing Dudes, Dads and donuts (which is when dads come to the school and read with their boys). They were pretty bummed. I suggested that maybe we could do it in Hawaii. So they decided to have their own version of Dudes, Dads and donuts. Grandma bought some donut holes and the boys laid out on the hammock with their donuts and their "Junie B. Jones" book. They were so happy to spend the time with Dad eating donuts and reading. I was glad they were determined to still participate even if they were so far away.
4 comments:
Man, I enjoy seeing your Hawaii pictures every year. It always has me wishing and dreaming. Someday we won't be "poor college kids" anymore. =)
What good parents. I would have been like, "we're going to be in Hawaii, get over it."
I LOVE Junie B. Jones!! Those books crack me up. :)
We're Junie B Fans too, wish we could be reading them on a hammoc in Hawaii right now!
The mail man asked me if you guys had moved today. She's like "they have so much mail in there, I thought maybe they had moved or something."
Post a Comment