How could I be so careless? Anyone who knows me, knows that my camera is an appendage and I am mourning my loss! In my camera bag was a brand new Canon video camera, too! I figure that I am out about $1500! I called my insurance company to find out if I can claim it on my homeowners insurance. They said I could but I have a $1000 ded. and will miss out on my $450 of cash back for being claims free! So it's a wash! I can hardly bear the thought! However, there is a bright spot in this sad sickness. The night we left, as I was finishing packing, I decided to upload all my memory cards onto my laptop. So I have my memories...
I have filed a claim, and as everyday passes my hopes are falling! But there is another bright spot-- one of my high school friends was on Facebook the other day and saw my lamenting post for my "companion" and he just so happens to be counsel for US Air! He has assigned someone to tracking it down! Wow! It's amazing to have friends that watch out for you and even better is that because of FB I actually am connected after 25 years! Technology is crazy! Now let's all keep our fingers crossed and say a prayer that this person will find it!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! Fingers and toes all crossed! I know how important your camera and what it does for you means!!! Welcome home!
I sure hope you can find your camera and video camera. What a loss!
I'm glad you uploaded all your photos, though. You could never replace them.
So glad you had a nice time in Hawaii!
I feel sick for you! So sorry!
Post a Comment