Friday, July 8, 2011

The Fourth

Another 4th of July and we pretty much have followed our tradition of getting up for the parade with as much family as possible.  It was fun for the kids.  We bought a big box of snaps for the kids to throw into the street and they had fun waiting for the parade to start.  Cathy went down the day before to start staking out a place for us.  Matt came later to help her keep the crowds away from the spot she had scoped out.  (Thanks, Cath!)  It was pretty crazy because I had all of my family that was here come down, plus most of Todd's family and then my sister had some of her in-laws there.  It was fun and we were all waiting for the AF marching band so we could see Eliza and Buzz.  We had strange weather, however, with overcast skies and a little rain after the parade.  It was warm, but not too hot.

 Jake out throwing snaps into the street.
 She probably could have used more than that!  We owe ya'!
 Matt looking more chipper than I would have!  Especially being up so early!
 Gabe loves Libby!
 Jordan not quite so chipper, but at least a good sport!
 Mik and her friend Elizabeth that came up from Texas to visit.  She brought her cute twins with her.
 Stormy!
 The kids waiting for the parade to begin
 Cute girls!
 That doughnut looks almost as big as Andy!
 a mouthful!
 Claire, I love your skirt!
 Brooke the parade princess
 My honey
 Max gets so excited about everything
 Little Lizzy
 Anne
 Patrick
 Jordan Brooke and Ellie
 My boys having fun with cousins
 Dad was happy to be with us all
 Abby
 Jaimi
 Gabe and Ellie

Later that night we went to Brooke's for a barbecue, s'mores and fireworks.  Bummer that it started raining about the time we started the fireworks.  Kinda put a damper on things but we lit stuff off as fast as possible so we could get done and go home.  Oh, well I kinda liked the cooler evening and was tired and ready to head home.  Weird, I don't remember the last 4th of July that we had rain.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I love the 4th of July! It is truly one of my favorite weekends of the whole year!! Great pictures! I need you to come take some of my kids!!!