We planted some raspberry bushes along with blackberries and blueberries the summer after we moved here (2007). Unfortunately, the blackberries and blueberries didn't make it through the first year. Not sure if it was the heat or the cold, but either way they didn't fare. We've enjoyed a few berries at a time off the bushes over the past few summers, but THIS year....drum roll.......JAM! Yep, enough for three pints of beautiful, red raspberry jam! It tastes yummy on my 9 grain whole wheat bread I get from Bountiful Baskets! Yummy! Come on over and I'll make you some toast and jam!

2 comments:
That sounds delish!
Cute scouting photos too. So nice to see you in some photos :-)
OK, I have been wondering abiut my blackberry and raspberry bushes. I planted them last year, they are lots bigger and nice and leafy and they get some berries mostly hard ones with a few actual berries. Do I just need to wait til they mature more? I was thining it might be the soil or placement?
Post a Comment