Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Sole Camping Trip

Thank goodness we have friends that made us commit to going camping with them.  I think we've been so wrapped up in other things that we "forgot" to go camping this summer.  Usually we go a few times at least, but this summer went too fast and we didn't make it a priority.  Why is it so hard for me?  We have the trailer with places to put things.  We should just be able to load up our food and go, right?  I wish!  It seems like it takes a full day to get organized and get loaded and a lot of in and out and up and down, too.  So our friends, the Becksteads, invited us a month or so ago to go camping with them.  They had been out and found this spot, which I'll get to in a minute, way up off Skyline Dr. in Ephraim Canyon.  We had such a great time hanging out, fishing and eating!  It rained a little bit, too, but that didn't hamper our trip too much.  I did have a chance to take a few shots of our trip that I thought I'd post.
My kids love camping and especially Gabe.  Jake is happy if he has snacks and games.  He wanted to just hang out in the trailer and play card games.  Here he is snacking on a cinnamon bear.

I LOVED the wild flowers all around!  I love color and texture and this thistle seemed to have both appeal to me!
So Gabe had fun playing with Beckstead's little one-year-old "L".  He sure loves little kids and they love him back!
Kristin and "L".  Cute shot!
He makes me laugh!  He's getting used to me with the camera and so all I did was point it in his general direction and this is what I got!  Funny kid!
Gabe, on the other hand, just fake smiles!  He's still cute even when he's faking it!  He loved the whole fishing thing.  He spent a lot of the time down by the lake with his friend Chase.  I loved that he's big enough to let loose to do this sort of stuff without having to be constantly with him.  Being right near the lake was definitely a plus!
Pretty views!
The kids started reeling them in!  Every few minutes one of the kids had caught something!  You gotta love fishing when you're catching!
Todd hanging out and chatting!  We did a lot of that!
More nature shots!
Beckstead's let us take their 4-wheeler out for a little ride.  We went down a few trails and saw some pretty country!  I got off to take some pictures and Todd took a little rest!

Steve cookin' up some corn.  We ate so well this trip!  Menus included fish tacos, ribs and chicken cordon bleu!  Mmmmm!  

A few more fishing pictures.....some happy faces!

I had never seen an albino rainbow trout before!  Jake caught one and Gabe caught one, too.


Just relaxing!
a little help from Dad
finally!
this was the view from our campsite looking down on the lake!  Gorgeous!!!


Such a pretty area!  That's a place we HAVE to go back to!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Such Fun! We only managed one trip this year too. I totally know what you mean about the ordeal of getting ready! Looks like it was worth it when you finally got there!

Debbie said...

What beautiful and fun photos. We are finally getting back into camping again, now that Christina is 4. It seems more manageable now. It's a little too hot in OK, but so much fun in Utah.

I can't believe how many fish you all caught. Looks like a great time!

Debbie Gardner said...

Great pics, looks like an awesome camp site.